Fears and Phobia Treatment - Online and Sussex
Has a fear or phobia taken control over your life?
Do you feel silly or think you are being made fun of because of it?
Do you feel like you are missing out?
Whatever your situation, Hypnotherapy and EMRD/Eye Movement Therapy can be very fast and effective phobia treatments.
What would it feel like to be free of your fear/phobia?
Clients usually tell me "It would change my life…" and, after the treatment "I don't know why I waited so long to do something about it"
What is a Phobia?
A phobia is defined as an intense and irrational fear of a specific object, situation, place, feeling or animal that is out of proportion to the actual risks posed by the object or situation. Most phobias develop in childhood brought on by a traumatic event, but they can also develop in adults.
Common phobias and fears include heights, flying, highway driving, closed-in places, flying insects, snakes, and needles. However, we can develop phobias of virtually anything.
Phobia sufferers will typically experience intense levels of anxiety, sometimes leading to panic attacks, either when confronted with the specific situation/object or when anticipating it.
I may suggest one or the other depending on the type of phobia, it's history and client preference, or I may combine both.
In just a few sessions, I will help you to
- Process any negative past experiences and remove the emotional response associated with them
- Create a new positive template in which you are able to respond to the feared situation/stimuli appropriate
EMDR for Phobias
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is a safe and non intrusive evidence based therapy best know for the treatment of PTSD.
However, EMDR can also be used as an effective phobia treatment.
When using Eye Movement therapy to treat a phobia, I will ask you to identify the first time you had an encounter with the phobic object or situation, as well as the worst time, and the most recent time. You will work through each of these situations, before working on an imagined situation in which you encounter it in the future.
Clinical Hypnotherapy for Phobias
When using hypnotherapy, my preference is for the well-established Rewind Technique.
The Rewind Technique is a comfortable and effective phobia treatment that can greatly reduce, and even remove, traumatic or phobic symptoms quickly through relaxation and guided imagery, all without even having to talk about the details of the traumatic incident(s) in question. The rewind technique originated from NLP and is also known as the visual/kinaesthetic dissociation technique.
Available in-person and online
Phobias are grouped by the source of the phobia into:
- Animal phobias (e.g. snakes, spiders, insects, dogs)
- Natural Environment phobias (e.g. heights, storms, water)
- Blood-injection-injury phobias (e.g. needles, going to the dentist, blood)
- Situational phobia (e.g. airplanes, elevators, enclosed spaces)
- Other phobias (e.g. choking, vomiting, loud sounds, etc...)
- Agoraphobia, fear of open and crowded spaces
- Acrophobia, fear of heights
- Aerophobia, fear of flying
- Arachnophobia, fear of spiders
- Astraphobia, fear of thunder and lightning
- Autophobia, fear of being alone
- Claustrophobia, fear of confined or crowded spaces
- Glossophobia, fear of public speaking
- Hemophobia, fear of blood
- Hydrophobia, fear of water
- Ophidiophobia, fear of snakes
- Social Phobia (Social Anxiety Disorder)
- Trypanophobia, fear of injections
- Zoophobia, fear of animals